Your first contact with the SASH occupational health and wellbeing team will probably be before you start with your employer when you complete one of our health questionnaires. Should you be required to attend an appointment with us before starting you will be notified either by post or through your email address.
Once you have started work, you will have access to a wide range of services that aim to help you maintain your health and look after your welfare.
Occupational health and wellbeing services are available for all SASH staff. Employees of other organisations also have access depending on the arrangements that SASH have with your organisation (please check with your human resources department) once you have started work.
- blood tests and vaccinations, including the annual flu vaccination programme
- support when you are returning from sickness absence and advice on whether you are fit to work
- assistance with countering stress
- advice on general health, wellbeing and lifestyle matters
- workstation assessments
- workplace assessments
- emergency walk-in clinic for needle stick and splash incidents
- occupational therapy and physiotherapy
- 24-hour, seven-day-a-week counselling and psychological support through your organisations Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
East Surrey Hospital
Tel: 01737 231 631
Our team consists of an occupational health physician who visits the Trust regularly. Our clinicians are all fully qualified occupational health nurses and advisors with many years’ experience behind them in the occupational health sector. All our clinicians have the required skills, competency and experience to effectively provide high quality occupational health services to trust employees and other clients.
The occupational health administration team are experienced and play a key role in the running of the department supporting the clinicians and working to a very high standard.