We always strive to be the best place to work and to be cared for.
Don’t just take our word for it though;
- We’re so proud that our colleagues rank us the best in the country among comparable trusts when asked if they would recommend us as a place to work.
- We’re rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission and when asked whether the care of patients is the organisation’s top priority our staff rank us the best in the country among comparable acute trusts.
- We pride ourselves on supporting you to thrive in your existing role and to develop your career with us. So with us you’ll get loads of benefits, great training and development opportunities, flexibility and a real community feel.
We’d love you to come and join us.
Benefits to working with us
- Great training and education, including preceptorship and CPD (up to £1,000 individual CPD funding available for nurses, midwives and AHPs)
- Our location: you can access beautiful countryside, historic towns and villages and bustling city life all nearby. With good schools, nature reserves and cultural attractions on our doorstep, and both London and Brighton easily accessible too, there’s something for everyone nearby.
- Free on-site car parking for staff
- At least 35 days leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- NHS pension scheme
- A huge range of Health Service Discounts at hundreds of big brands from holidays to gadgets and restaurants to retail.
- On-site nursery
- On-site Boots and WHSmith shops
- An Amazon locker and an InPost locker on site
- Restaurant facilities
- Full educational library services
- Excellent rail and bus links
- The local bus operator offer all new staff one month’s free travel to East Surrey Hospital when they first join (please visit the Metrobus website for details and terms and conditions)
- Lockable storage for cycles.
- We’re a major local employer, with a diverse workforce of c5,000 providing healthcare services to a growing population of around 535,000.
- We provide emergency and non-emergency services to the residents of East Surrey, North-East West Sussex, and South Croydon, including the major towns of Crawley, Horsham, Reigate and Redhill.
- We offer a full range of acute and complex services at East Surrey Hospital in Redhill, where we are the nearest trauma unit to Gatwick Airport.
- We provide a range of outpatient, diagnostic and less complex planned services at The Earlswood Centre, Caterham Dene Hospital and Oxted Health Centre in Surrey, and at Crawley and Horsham Hospitals in West Sussex.