Apprenticeships at SASH
As an apprentice at Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust you will gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship award whilst working and developing your skills.
Apprenticeships are a key part of government policy and the NHS Long Term Plan in creating employment opportunities for future health and care workforce. They also support our widening access agenda to help with the recruitment of staff from our local community.
Our apprentices benefit from the following:
- Work experience gained in a live work environment
- Putting learning into practice and enhancing their knowledge, behaviours and skills
- Working with colleagues, tutors and assessors dedicated to assisting their development
- Not having to fund their own qualifications
- Ability to earn whilst they learn
- Trust commitment to staff development
At the moment we offer most of our apprenticeships to colleagues within the Trust. This is because we try to offer our staff the best career development opportunities available. The best way to get onto one of our apprenticeship programmes is to secure a job here within the Trust.
We offer a wide range of paid apprenticeships across a variety of departments and roles:
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker level 3
- Trainee Nursing Associate level 5
- Healthcare Science Assistant level 2
- Business Administrator level 3
- Painting and Decorating level 2
- Customer Service Practitioner level 2
- Healthcare Cleaning Operative level 2
- Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technician level 3
- Electrical Maintenance Technician level 3
Please see below examples of career pathways available via the apprenticeship training route:
Some of our apprenticeships may require you to have a specific qualification before starting. In many cases we can provide the opportunity to gain these qualifications.
Applying for an Apprenticeship with SASH
To ensure you do not miss out on any apprenticeship roles that we do advertise you can sign up to NHS jobs alerts here: www.jobs.nhs.uk
We recommend you create an account and set up an email alert, which will notify you once a suitable apprenticeship vacancy has been advertised.
You may also wish to take a look at the following websites which offer careers guidance and information on working for the health service:
If you would like to speak to an advisor about any of the above or do have any further questions. Please contact email@example.com and we will be happy to help!