The Friends of East Surrey Hospital held their annual general meeting (AGM) at 5.30pm on Wednesday 5 September 2018 in the post-graduate education centre, East Surrey Hospital. The event was an opportunity for members of the public to find out how the friends team of volunteers made a difference in contributing to SASH’s achievements over the last year and their plans for the future.
During the presentation visitors were welcomed by Richard Burford, chairman of The Friends of East Surrey Hospital who gave an overview of The Friends contributions to SASH, predominantly through the commitment from the volunteers who raise funds by running the Coffee Shop, located at the East entrance of East Surrey Hospital. Their on-going fundraising efforts have meant that they have been able to continue to make generous contributions to the Hospital, which recently includes;
- £200,000 towards the new Angiography Suite
- £100,000 towards equipment for a new Operating Theatre
- £80,000 for a Liver Fibro Scanner
- £46,000 iPads for an integrated system to support patients and carers
- £45,000 towards the patient entertainment system in the Kingsfold Unit
- £8,200 for 15 new wheelchairs
- £150,000 for Wi-Fi across East Surrey Hospital
Richard Burford, chairman of The Friends of East Surrey Hospital said: “The Friends of East Surrey Hospital support the voluntary work of the hospital and consists of 11 volunteer members.
“Next year, The Friends plan to be involved in the new neo natal unit and private patient rehabilitation unit, as well as continue to fundraise for future initiatives and improvement work at SASH.”
For more information about The Friends of East Surrey Hospital visit: https://surreyandsussex.nhs.uk/working-for-us/volunteering/friends-of-east-surrey-hospital/