We are always here for you and want to hear from you so that we can ensure that you receive the right care at the right time. We are always happy to take your call, day or night, and are ready to help you in the best way we can.
To self-refer for your maternity care
We can’t wait to meet you and get to know you and your family better. It’s easy to self refer to our services – just complete the form at this link.
Contacting our team when you are less than 16 weeks pregnant
- Please call the early pregnancy unit telephone triage clinic 01737 231824. 9am-1pm for advice regarding complications in your early pregnancy.
- If you are bleeding heavily, soaking through more than two pads per hour, or in severe pain please attended the accident and emergency department.
Contacting our team when you are more than 16 weeks pregnant
- Please contact the maternity triage line, available 24 hours a day on 01737 231764, if you are concerned about your or your baby’s wellbeing. We may be able to offer you the advice and support that you need over the telephone. Alternatively, we may invite you in for a review with a midwife and/or doctor.
- In the event of an emergency please call 999 for the support of an ambulance. If you are not sure if it is an emergency requiring an ambulance transfer to hospital, please call the maternity triage midwife who will be able to advise you.
Sasha the e-midwife
Sasha is an experienced senior midwife, available for women or their families to contact via email.
If you have a non-urgent question or concern about pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding or postnatal issues then email your message to Sasha who can respond to you within three working days.
Sasha is for non-urgent queries only.
If you have any urgent concerns, please either contact our Early Pregnancy Unit, Maternity Triage or 999:
- vaginal bleeding
- visual disturbances
- abdominal pain
- reduced fetal movements
- if you think your waters have broken
In an emergency always phone 999.
- Your named midwife will provide you with a local community contact number for support with any appointments or test results.
- Doctors appointments: please email email@example.com with any queries regarding your scheduled doctors appointment (or your local GP if it is a GP appointment).
Ultrasound scan appointments please call:
- East Surrey Ultrasound – 01737 768511 x6000
- Horsham Ultrasound – 01403 227000 x7136
- Crawley Ultrasound – 01293 600300 x3036
If you are feeling down, depressed or hopeless please contact your midwife and/or our Specialists Perinatal Mental Health (Crisis 24 hours)
- Croydon – 0800 731 2864
- Sussex – 0300 5000 101
- East Surrey – 0300 456 8342
- Samaritans – 116 123
If you do not feel safe at home, please contact our Domestic Abuse Support services on:
- National – 0800 200 247
- Surrey – 01737 771 350
- Worth – 0330 222 8181
National Smoking Cessation; 0300 123 1044
Diabetic midwife team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Birth options: to discuss your birth options if you have had a previous Caesarean Section birth or would like a Caesarean Section birth, email: email@example.com
Bump to Birth: would you like to know more about the choices you have on where you give birth? Come along to the Bump to Birth clinic to learn about the different birth options and help you make the choice that is right for you. To book your place email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your voice, Your Choice- Personalising your care; wanting more information and wondering what to do if you are at increased risk of complications, or you need individual assessment, and have not been given a choice of place of birth. Email: email@example.com and Jo.firstname.lastname@example.org
Wise Hippo Hypnobirthing course; Interested in booking onto our Hypnobirthing course? Email for more information and to book your place; email@example.com
Birth reflections; Do you or your birthing partner have questions about your care and require clarity and furthering understanding on events leading up to the birth? Then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Burstow Babies; Burstow Babies is an infant feeding service provided by our infant feeding lead/Tongue tie lead midwives, these sessions will help support you with feeding issues you may be experiencing and have been designed to complement the care you receive from your community midwife. This service is available to all families from the day of discharge home following the birth until your baby is 28 days of age. Email: email@example.com
New-born hearing team: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01737 304177
Neonatal unit:01737 231 765
Rusper Ward: 01737 768511 x6401
Burstow Ward: 01737 768511 x1653
If you have any questions about home birth, please email email@example.com or phone 0770 340 4208 and the team would be happy to answer your queries.