We really value your feedback about your maternity care. It is essential for us to know what you have found positive and areas for improvement so that we can celebrate successes and address any concerns in line with our quality improvement initiatives. Your voice is so important to us and we are grateful for the time you take to share your feedback.
There are a variety of ways that you can feedback to us detailed below and varying dependant on your personal experience. You can complete one or all of these if you wish:
- Friends and Family Test – FFT – a very brief, three questions for each stage of your maternity journey: your antenatal care (during pregnancy), your birth care, your postnatal ward inpatient care (post birth care in the hospital) and your postnatal care in the community (care for you and your baby in the community). This should take no more than 5 minutes of your time and we would be grateful for your feedback. Complete the survey here.
- Your Care Matters Survey – A more detailed questionnaire about your maternity journey at SASH allowing us to understand a bit more about your experience. We’d be grateful for your time in completing this which shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes.
- If you would like to personally thank a midwife or members of our team you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make sure that they receive this message.
- If you would like to share your birth story with us and the public on social media and any images that you have to support this you can email email@example.com
- If you would like an opportunity to discuss your birth experience in more detail, gain essential understanding to aid your recovery and share your feedback directly with a senior member of our team, then please arrange an appointment in our birth reflections clinic by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to make a complaint then please access the information held on our Patient Advice and Liaison page. We encourage you to see this as a constructive way for us to learn from mistakes and improve the service that we provide.
Examples of feedback:
What we do with your feedback
Managers in maternity regularly review and respond to the feedback we receive as it arrives. Feedback from our FFT, Your Care Matters and Complaints are reviewed monthly by senior staff in our division, as well as with members of our Executive Team at our trust meeting. Any safety issues will be addressed as a matter of urgency and shared with our staff in regularly updated safety pins. Any themes that emerge from feedback will be aligned with quality improvement projects – for example facilitating overnight ward stays for partners in the postnatal ward. Individual members of staff will be informed of feedback by line managers.
Patient feedback – Your Care Matters
Your feedback is vital in helping us to continually improve the service we provide. Our Your Care Matters survey invites you to answer questions about your experience as a patient. The survey is anonymous and confidential, allowing you to give your honest opinion of your experience. These comments, positive and negative, are analysed, fed back to our staff and used to improve our systems and facilities on an ongoing basis. You can complete the maternity survey here.
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
If you, your relatives or your carers are unhappy with any aspect of your care, or the service you receive while you are staying in hospital or attending an outpatient clinic, you or they should speak to a member of the ward or clinic staff as soon as possible. If you feel unable to speak directly to staff, then the PALS Team will listen to your concerns and advise how they will be able to help.
You can also contact PALS if you wish to let us know if you are satisfied with our services.
Visit the PALs page for further information.