Our team has additional training and experience working with adults with special needs.
This includes patients with:
- Physical difficulties
- Sensory impairment
- Autism and autistic spectrum disorders
- Fragile X and other syndromes
- Cerebral palsy
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Complex medical or psychiatric problems
- Dental phobia
- Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis
- Complex medical issues which impact on their dental care
- Patients with terminal illness
Together with our other dental specialty colleagues in the Oral & Facial Unit, we provide comprehensive dental advice and treatment, including sedation or general anaesthesia. We can offer domiciliary care where appropriate.
Assessment of patients generally takes place at East Surrey Hospital. Treatment is carried out at East Surrey and Caterham Dene Hospitals, both of which have wheelchair access and disabled parking on site.
We offer ongoing general dental care for those patients who need it long-term.
GPs, dentists, community nurses or care workers can refer patients direct to this department. The referral letter should give the reason for the referral
NHS dental charges apply.