Our cardiology service recently topped the list for quality of care for heart attack and heart failure patients, out of 11 south east coast trusts.
The purpose-built modern cardiac department at East Surrey Hospital includes a Coronary Care Unit with 8 beds for intensive monitoring of patients, a 28-bedded dedicated cardiology ward (Holmwood), a 6-bedded day-case area, and a state-of-the-art cardiac catheterisation laboratory.
We provide a full inpatient and outpatient cardiology service, including extensive invasive and non-invasive cardiac investigations.
- coronary angiography
- coronary angioplasty and stenting
- coronary intravascular ultrasound and pressure wire measurements
- implantation of permanent pacemakers, implantable cardiac-defibrillators
- echocardiography (transthoracic and transoesophageal)
- full non-invasive diagnostics (including Holter monitoring, exercise testing, etc)
In the past year, there were 6,600 cardiac outpatient appointments, over 7,000 echocardiograms were performed, 4,000 patients monitored with 24-hour Holter ECG, and over 2,200 cardiac procedures took place in the cardiac catheter lab.
Recently, a new, less-invasive way of scanning the arteries was introduced, called CT coronary angiography.
We have strong links with three tertiary hospitals – St George’s in Tooting, The London Heart Hospital, and The Royal Surrey County Hospital in Guildford.
For more information, contact the specialist cardiology nurses on 01737 768 511 x6973