Become a Foundation Trust Member
Can I become a member?
Anyone can become a member, so long as they are over 14, and is, or has been a patient or carer in the past five years; or live in Mole Valley, Reigate and Banstead, Tandridge, Crawley, Mid Sussex, Horsham or Croydon; or is a member of staff.
How much will I need to get involved?
You make the decision about how much or how little you want to be involved.
How much will it cost me?
Nothing – membership is free.
How long will I have to join for?
You can stop your membership at any time by simply writing to us.
Why should I become a member?
Membership provides the opportunity for you to have your say in how the Trust is run and have an active role in its future development.
Benefits of Being a Member
- Regular newsletter keeping you up to date with what’s happening at East Surrey Hospital and in our other services, as well as fundraising events and medical developments.
- Regular members’ health events with consultants and specialists on topics, such as care for the elderly and children’s health services.
- An opportunity to play an active role in member consultations, focus groups, and involvement opportunities.
- Access to Health Service Discounts – saving money for you and your family
- Receive a vote for electing your representative to serve on the Council of Governors. If over 16, you can choose to stand for election to the Council of Governors.