The work of the dermatology team at East Surrey Hospital, run by Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust, is the subject of the latest Hot Topic event taking place at the hospital on Thursday 12 July (2018).
Local people are invited to meet our dermatology team, to learn more about sun protection, skin cancer and the role of the skin cancer nurse specialist at SASH, other support available and much more.
Open to everyone, the event takes place from 6 – 8pm at the hospital’s Postgraduate Education Centre, East Surrey Hospital, Redhill, RH1 5RH.
Previous Hot Topic events have been very popular – attracting a large audience from the local community, Trust members and GPs, all interested in finding out how their local hospital works.
Places are limited – please email email@example.com to book a place.
Agenda for the evening below
- Welcome 5.45 – 6.15 in the Atrium, Postgraduate lecture theatre
- 6.15pm General introduction and welcome – Michael Wilson
- 6.20pm Demographics of skin cancer – Dr.Sandeep Cliff
- 6.30pm Myths of skin cancer – Dr.Jonathan Slater
- 6.40pm The role of the Skin Cancer Nurse Specialist – Sister Janet O’Hagan
- 6.50pm Sunscreens – Dr.Sewell
- 7pm Patient journeys – 2 patients to be identified. Chair by Dr.Sewell
- 7.15pmQ&A session chaired by Dr.Cliff
- 7.30pm Refreshments