In June 2012, Surrey & Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust not only achieved the national performance targets but in many cases exceeded them.
18 WEEKS WAITING TIMES
◦ Over 90% of patients referred by their GP were seen and treated within 18 weeks for their inpatient or day-case procedure.
◦ Over 95% of patients referred by their GP were seen in outpatients within 18 weeks.
◦ 95% of patients referred by their GP with suspected Cancer were seen by a specialist within 2 weeks.
◦ 99% of patients from the date of agreeing their treatment, were treated within 31 days.
◦ From referral by GP for suspected cancer, 85% of all patients were diagnosed and started their cancer treatment within 62 days.
◦ In June, 98% of patients were assessed, treated and discharged from A&E within 4 hours.
DIAGNOSTIC WAITING TIMES
◦ 99% of all patients referred for diagnostic tests were seen within 6 weeks including endoscopy, C.T and M.R.I.
New Weekend TIA service
We are now offering a 7 day a week service for high risk patients on the Acute Medical Unit at East Surrey Hospital. Click here for the method of referral. Patients should be told to fast from 7pm the preceding night and arrive at the Acute medical Unit at 09.00hrs and bring their medication. They will be reviewed and if required have diagnostic imaging and appropriate treatment. Patients should be free to go from 1pm at the latest.
Antenatal Day Unit
We have recently appointed a Consultant Obstetric Lead for the Antenatal Day Unit (ANDU) at East Surrey Hospital. As you will be aware, ANDU is designed to assess and manage women from sixteen weeks gestation who have a pregnancy related problem which is not severe enough to warrant direct referral to delivery suite but which requires assessment more urgently than can be provided by a routine Antenatal Clinic appointment.
Emergency Department at East Surrey Hospital
Please can we remind GP colleagues that there is no longer an Urgent Treatment/Walk-in Centre at East Surrey Hospital. We are continuing to see patients turning-up asking to see a General Practitioner.
We’d also like to remind GP colleagues that we no longer run the GUM (Sexual Health & Contraception) Drop in clinic! For Surrey patients this is located at Earnsdale, 2 Whitepost Hill Redhill Surrey RH1 6BD – Tel No 01737 231350 and for Sussex patients it is in Crawley Hospital.
New Paediatric ED open
We’re pleased to say that this week our newly refurbished paediatric emergency department opened at East Surrey Hospital. The newly refurbished area will greatly enhance the experience of our patients.
We welcome patient feedback as a means of improving our services and have subscribed to Patient Opinion. Please click here to see what patients are saying about our services.