Steps to Success
- Be creative when choosing your event, but remember sometimes the simple ideas are the best.
- Avoid holding your event on the same day as a big sporting occasion, bank holiday or when there is a big local event.
- Once you have chosen your event, make a list of what will be involved and decide on your budget. Think about who you will need to help you and how much time you will need to prepare for it.
- Publicise your event using banners, invitations, posters, social media and local media. If you have a personal story as to why you are raising money for a specific fund this will increase interest.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate or ask for good and services to be donated for your event.
- Enjoy it!